Monday, December 28, 2009

Lemon Dill Salmon Patties

Since I was assigned to make fish the first time we met yet couldn't attend I decided to bring an extra meal to the January meeting.

Lemon Dill Salmon Patties
4 (14 3/4 ounce) cans salmon, drained
4 eggs
1 cup cracker crumb or dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons dill weed or 2 tablespoon minced fresh dill
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup mayo (I use Lemonaise)
1 TB of Dijon mustard
1 TB Seafood seasoning- I love the one Frontier makes
1/2-1 cup milk
salt and pepper
olive oil or butter, to grease pan

Mash the salmon with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil or butter, and mix well. Let rest 5 minutes. Add additional crumbs or milk if necessary to make a moist patty that holds together well.Heat a little olive oil or butter in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and cook patties until the first side is nicely browned. Turn and cook other side to a nice brown.

Tip -- do not turn too soon or the patty may fall apart. Plan to turn only once. I did not cook the ones I froze- I simply thaw them slightly in the fridge and brown in skillet.

I like to make a dipping sauce using Lemonaise and dill. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment