Friday, November 20, 2009

Salmon Cakes

1-can skinless, boneless wild salmon
1/4 c fine chopped onion
1/4 c mayo
1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 t garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper
1/4 c chopped red bell pepper
1 med egg, beaten
1 c crushed cracker crumbs --*Edited to add: For the carb conscious, I have changed the recipe a bit. I figured out that nut meal (fine ground nuts) works great here instead of cracker crumbs. I have used hazelnut and almond meals and really liked them both. You have to be patient while the patties are cooking, as they are bit more delicate. I use a cookie scoop to put them on the griddle, and don't flatten them until after I have turned them once. Then let the brown on the second side and turn them one last time to brown the first side the rest of the way.
1/4 t seasoned salt

Mix it all up, form into 1/4 c. sized patties, and fry in a greased pan over medium high heat, until browned on both sides. Great served with a sour cream dipping sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! Very amazed and suprised, but everyone loved them!! A Hit at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love them here...I could eat the whole batch on my own :)

    ReplyDelete