Sunday, November 29, 2009

Freezer Meatballs

I have used various forms of this meatball recipe for several years, but I will say that my recipe rarely stays the same from time to time.

This is the original recipe from Cooks.com
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 beaten Egg
3/4 C Bread Crumbs (I used Cracker Crumbs)
1/4 tsp Onion Powder (I use about a teaspoon)
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder (I use about a tablespoon, more is always better with garlic)

Combine Powders to Bread Crumbs and mix. Then Add the egg and mix into beef. Combine and shape into meatballs. Bake at 350 Degrees for 20 Min. If your beef has fat, drain on towel for 15 min. Freeze for up to 6 months.

When you are ready to use them, just warm them through. We usually throw these meatballs in some red sauce and pasta. However, we do eat them by themselves too.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We noticed that if you make these without thawing them first, they end up kind of dry, and definitely need sauce. If you give them time to thaw, they are great as is. The same seems to go with the sausage patties, and I am assuming any of the lone precooked meats in general.

    ReplyDelete