Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meatballs



I made these a couple of months ago. I added cooked, ground ham in addition to the beef. I prefer all beef meatballs.

Sweet and Sour sauce:
1 C sugar (I know that's a lot. You could probably do 3/4 C or maybe even 1/2 C if you add more honey)
2 Tbsp honey
2/3 C vinegar
1 1/3 C water
1/2 C soy sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup (could use tomato paste too)
2 Tbsp cornstarch (I usually add 1 Tbsp because I mix my sauce with rice. If I were making these for cocktail type meatballs, I would add 2 Tbsp)

Meatballs:
2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
crackers or breadcrumbs, maybe 2 C or so
1 chopped onion


I was using a pan I had just made bacon in, to both take advantage of the bacon flavor and because I (Abby) was too lazy to wash it first :)
Combine and bake at 400 in the oven for 20 min. Add to sauce and cook on low in crockpot until the smell is so good you have to eat them or about 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment