Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pork Sausage Breakfast

Sometimes its great to have breakfast for supper, or just a prepared breakfast for Saturday Morning.
I made pork patty sausages.  Not seasoned.  Just pork sausage.  In our family some like them plain (me) and some like them sweet with Maple Sausage.  These were just thawed sausage formed into patties & seared on both sides then baked to cook the centers.

The panckake mix is wonderful.  I keep it in a jar on the counter.  Then I don't have to use the store mixes.  Using Whole Wheat Flour makes the pancakes sweeter so I get to use less or no sugar.

2 cups Flour (I use Pauls Grains Whole Wheat)
2tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
6 Tbsp Sugar (haven't found any Iowa Sugar, so I use Raw sugar for my storage container)
1/2 tsp salt (I usually forget to add it, and they still taste great)
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (I use whatever variety I can find locally)

2 C Milk
2 Eggs




I keep all the dry ingredients in a jar, so when I'm ready to make my Pancakes, I just throw 2+ cups in a bowl, and add the wet ingredients.

This tastes great with the whole wheat flour, and even better when I use Local Honey. To top our Pancakes we use REAL Maple Syrup (anyone know of Iowa Maple Syrup?) or Honey.

I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Instead of putting the sugar in the dry, use honey or maple syrup instead and just put it in with the wets. And maple syrup, you can grow your own :) Or buy the Wisconsin stuff from the Amish store near Mama P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, we finally got around to making these the other day. I added a handful of old fashioned oatmeal and dried cranberries to ours and instead of oil used homemade apple butter/sauce. They were delish! I only used a cup of the mix, then thirded all the directions for added ingredients. I did notice that they were a little flimsy to turn, but as long as we made them small, it was no big deal. They were wonderfully light! Not gummy, like so many recipes are.
    Thank you, Shanen!

    ReplyDelete